Handrails installed at home serve a functional purpose, offering you something to literally lean on for support and stability as you move about. But apart from this, beautifully designed models are meant to add value to the overall look of your home. That’s why many homeowners take handrails seriously, seeing it as a feature that can augment both the aesthetic and functional value of their homes.
When it comes to a handful of handrails to choose from, an aluminium handrail can be a good option. Here are valuable ideas in installing aluminium handrails to customise the space in your home.
What to choose
Handrails come in a variety of options. You can select the like of stainless steel handrails, brass handrails, wrought iron handrails, and not to mention—aluminium handrails. The good thing about aluminium handrails is that they are readily available in the market. They have a wide range of choices based on sizes, shapes, colours, and styles. Given the wide range of options that you have to choose from, aluminium will ensure you get something that maximizes the functionality and enhances the beauty of your home.
What factors to consider
If you want to customise your space when installing aluminium handrails, here are four key factors to consider:
- Size: Aluminum handrails come in various lengths and widths where you can use internal connectors for them to be installed. You can surely find something that fits your space.
- Safety: As safety is a top priority, you can rely on aluminium handrails for support and stability. Install in places at home where you need rails to grasp on.
- Colour: Aluminum handrails are usually silver in colour. However, there are other hues to choose from, such as white, black, and brown. Choose a certain colour that seamlessly blends with the rest of your home decor.
- Style: Aluminum handrails come in an array of styles. You can go for a rounded profile with returns, a rounded rail with end caps and mounts, a more rectangular rail, a classic design, or a more modern one. When it comes to styles, the possibilities are endless.
Where to install
Wondering where aluminium handrails can be installed at home? Your stairs are only the first option. Here are a few places you may want to consider installing railing:
- Beside a ramp or along the hallway walls: This area is frequented by people needing balance and mobility.
- Near toilets or bathtubs in the bathroom: This area requires added security where people shift between sitting and standing.
- Near work surfaces in the kitchen: These areas need something stable and safe to hang onto, such as a handrail.
- In the bedroom: Other household members need handrails in their bedroom for convenience and support.
Why choose aluminium handrails
There are many valuable reasons to consider installing aluminium handrails in various spaces of your home. Here are a few:
- Durability and longevity: Handrails are durable, meaning they can last for as long as possible.
- Affordability: They are good investments, yet they are quite affordable.
- Aesthetics: They are attractive, which can enhance the look of your space and the overall appearance of your home.
- Safety: They do an excellent job of enhancing safety on staircases by providing a secure handhold.
Overall, aluminium handrails can be your best bet, as far as handrails are concerned. Consider all the valuable information and design ideas outlined above before you’ll look for handrails in Perth and Western Australia.
Are you up to install aluminium handrails for your space? Take our practical ideas above! As a custom staircase manufacturer and supplier, we offer a handful of handrails in Perth and Western Australia. Get in touch with us today to see how we can help!