You may have seen balustrades commonly installed on houses or business establishments. They serve to create barriers for staircases, balconies, and raised alfresco areas. Know that they come in three materials: steel, glass, and timber. Also, each material has its own distinct aesthetic design and functionality.
When choosing balustrades for your homes or commercial properties, you have to consider both the materials that will be used and the style incorporated to see which suits your property. For your guide and reference, below are three common types of balustrades and what you should know about each type. Keep on reading to know which one to choose.
1. Stainless steel
The stainless steel balustrades can be the best material for homes or offices that want to have a minimalistic look because this material looks very simple yet luxurious. They have the following advantages:
- Strength and durability: They are strong, firm, and durable in structures, which means that they can last for as long as possible.
- Little maintenance: They do not need to be painted, polished, powder-coated, or treated in any way for a long time. You can simply wipe the dirt off with a cloth and household soap.
- Environmental friendliness: They are environmentally friendly as they do not rust. This means that they don’t need sanding and painting on a regular basis.
Know that glass can be an effective option for balustrades. Glass balustrades are perfect for balconies around the pool. They have the following benefits:
- Safety feature: They provide all the safety features that are needed around the pool without taking away your view.
- Space enhancement: They can make your space look bigger due to its glass attributes.
- Versatility: They are versatile that come available in a number of different fixing and framing options.
- Low maintenance: They also require low maintenance. The glass, however, will need to be regularly cleaned because the dirt shows quickly.
Wood is also a material used when making balustrades. Wooden balustrades are well suited to more traditionally styled homes and the indoors. That given, they have the following attributes:
- Aesthetic value: They can bring a sense of warmth and a natural feel to your home or commercial setting.
- Functional use: When designed and installed correctly, they can serve as a great barrier as well for safety purposes.
Take note that wooden balustrades need to be consistently maintained and must be treated correctly to avoid problems such as warping or termites. For outdoors, one can simply apply oil and wipe them down with a cloth.
Keep in mind that it can be a bit challenging to decide on what style or material to use when investing in balustrades for your residential or commercial property. As outlined above, each material comes with its own benefits and attributes, whether you opt for stainless steel, glass, or wood. Know that though one material may be perfect for one purpose, it may not be good for another. In the end, you will have to assess what works best for your property, whether it be commercial or residential.
If you are looking for balustrades in Perth, Western Australia, get in touch with us today to see how we can help.