Setting up privacy screens in your home is essential because they provide privacy. Even if you have friendly neighbours, you still want to feel comfortable to enjoy your house without worrying about prying eyes. There are many styles and designs of privacy covers you can choose from in today’s market, yet you should first know about their regulations.
What to Know about Privacy Screens
Before you put up these screens in your property, here are several points to know:
- The cone vision must not go over 45-degrees.
- The maximum visual permeability is 20 per cent.
- The minimum height requirement is 1.6 metres above finished floor level.
- The screen should not form any part of a retaining wall.
- The screening can be done through fixed louvres/slats or translucent/opaque glass.
These are the general pieces of information that you should know about privacy screens. Now, there are other specific rules that you need to follow based on the type of filter you choose.
For example, your fixed louvres/slats must allow proper airflow, which is why it should be fixed at an angle that only lets 20 per cent permeability. Moreover, it should allow you to see and enjoy natural daylight. Keep in mind that the design of your screen must not infringe on other development requirements. Likewise, the louvres may be perforated for proper air circulation.
Privacy screens are not only for your seclusion, but they can also help protect your property by filtering the sun’s glare. Moreover, they can reduce the amount of heat you get and regulate the temperature inside the property. On the other hand, many homeowners also have these filters put up to add more style to their property.
Privacy Screen Ideas
As mentioned, there are many styles of privacy covers you can choose from, such as the following:
- Lattice – This is a common choice for a privacy screen. It is affordable, straightforward to install, and highly customisable.
- Bamboo shoots – The bamboo provides an excellent privacy screen because it’s easy to grow and creates a Zen vibe.
- Garden wall – This is an excellent choice if you want to make use of the vertical space in your yard. It will provide seclusion and peace while giving you a chance to grow plants as well.
When it comes to installing privacy screens in your property, keep in mind that it’s not an easy process. This is primarily because there are specific regulations you need to adhere to, such as the ones listed above. For this reason, it’s essential that you work with a professional to help make the process easier.
Privacy screens have many benefits for your home, which is why you should consider them. With so many styles and options to choose from, you can have filters set up that will not only offer privacy but will also personalise your home. Make sure that you select a reliable supplier to guarantee high-quality screens that will last for years.
This type of screen is applicable to residential and commercial properties. Safeguard your privacy while you add more style to the area with privacy covers. Just make sure you follow the rules, otherwise, you could get in trouble with the law.
If you are looking for a reputable and professional balustrade supplier in Perth for your privacy screens, we have got you covered. Our seasoned professionals at Aussie Balustrading are ready and willing to assist with everything you need, making sure you walk away satisfied with the outcome – get in touch with us today!