Balustrades consist of several balusters, which are vase-like posts on railings made of wood, iron, or other materials. They are also spaced evenly and connected to form a decorative railing. Apart from their aesthetic purpose, however, they serve to provide strength and support.
There are various types of balustrades available in today’s market, such as stainless steel, iron, glass, stone, and wood. Topping the list are wood and steel because they have gained extreme popularity among homeowners and property managers over the years.
If you are thinking about installing a balustrade in your property, you might be wondering which option will best meet your needs. We’ll answer this crucial question in the following sections by sharing about their benefits so that you will know which type to choose.
Wood is a popular material for simple, horizontal balustrades. Below are some of its top advantages:
- Custom design and style: There are various custom designs and styles that you can choose from for your balustrades. This is why it will be easy to opt for something that works for your space or property, whether you go for a classic look or a modern appeal.
- Strength and versatility: What’s good about wood is that it’s a strong material, yet it’s very versatile to work with. You can install customised balustrade with this material and expect it to remain durable for many years.
- Compatibility with other materials: Another essential reason to install wood is that it easily complements other materials around the property. As the options are endless for wood balustrades, you can easily choose an option that blends with your property’s elements or space.
- Classic appeal and beauty: Wood is known for its classic beauty. If you want to give your property a timeless charm, then this material will be your best bet.
These balustrades have increasingly become popular among commercial and residential properties in recent years. It is particularly installed in industrial and commercial settings, such as malls, apart from homes. Here are some of its top advantages:
- Design flexibility: Stainless steel is a flexible material that can be made and customised into various designs. It can be formed into a complex, curve, and plain design, depending on your choice to best suit your property.
- Cost-effectiveness: What’s great about stainless steel is that it is a cost-effective material. It’s an excellent investment because it requires less upkeep and can still last and you save in the long run.
- Minimal maintenance: As mentioned previously, stainless steel requires less maintenance because all it takes is simple cleaning. There’s no need for constant repairs or replacement as the material itself is resilient and durable.
- Elegant look and appeal: If you are looking for a sophisticated and sleek look for your balustrade, then the stainless steel will be your best choice. They add a modern and stylish touch to your home or commercial property.
When choosing between wood and stainless steel for your balustrade, it all boils down to your personal space and your property’s needs. Seeing that each option has its own pros and cons, you should always factor in the advantages as discussed above and see what works for your residential or commercial space.
Are you looking for balustrade options that will suit your needs and style? We have got you covered with top-quality products! We’re a custom staircase manufacturer in Perth that sells steel and stainless steel stairs, wireless balustrading, glass pool fencing, and stainless steel handrails for both commercial and residential property. Get in touch with us today to see how we can help!